EP 02: Trauma and Healing with Sarah Hall
Today the lovely Sarah Hall joins us on the Headed Someplace podcast!
She talks about growing up in a home with a lot of instability, drugs and abuse and how, even now, she can look back and see evidence of God’s presence and grace. Pretty incredible perspective from a woman who could easily (and justifiably) live with bitterness, anger, resentment and a "victim" mentality.
Sarah shares about being a single mom for 11 years, and what it’s like being a newlywed (and over-night mother of four) at age 40. Sarah is the director of instructor training at Holy Yoga Ministries and is married to her (famous) husband Charlie ;-)
Kara: What music are you listening to and loving right now?
Sarah: I'm crazy for all kinds of music! Because I get to make playlists for my yoga classes, I'll just share this Spotify Playlist
Kara: What’s the most influential book you ever read?
Sarah: The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
PHOTOS FROM SARAH'S STORY
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Wedding Vow Quote: "I see you and I know you, and I'm not going anywhere." - inspired by the lyrics from Duet, by Penny and Sparrow
- Scripture: Isaiah 45:3 "I will give you the treasures of darkness and the hoards in secret places, that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who call you by your name."
- Holy Yoga: www.sarahhall.yoga
- Book: The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- Music: Sarah's personal Spotify Playlist